Presenting the G0454Z 20" 5 HP Planer with Spiral Cutterhead
Achieve flawless finishes with the G0454Z 20" 5 HP Planer and its 4-row spiral cutterhead equipped with 98 German-made carbide inserts. Experience smooth results and reduced tearout in figured woods. The inserts are indexable and can be rotated three times, ensuring sharp cutting edges.
Powered by a 5 HP motor running at 4800 RPM, this planer handles stock up to 20" wide and 8" thick. It can cut up to 3/16" deep on 6"-wide boards. Sturdily built with solid cast-iron and steel construction, and featuring a mobile base, it's a heavyweight that's easy to move around your shop.
The precision-ground cast-iron table and extension wings offer 55-1/2" of stock support. The two-speed gearbox allows for versatile feed rates of 16 FPM and 20 FPM.
As with all Grizzly planers, the G0454Z includes a 1-year warranty covering parts and ensuring freedom from factory defects (consumables not included).
Your machine comes with a comprehensive, easy to follow manual written by the Grizzly HQ documentation department right here in the USA.
For all immediate customer service inquiries especially those relating to ordering and fulfillment please click HERE or go to our ‘Contact’ page to let us know how we can help you.
For technical assistance and parts inquiries enjoy legendary technical support from the Grizzly Technical Support Team HERE
CSA certified for safety.
Note regarding replacement inserts:
- For models manufactured April 2015 and later, use H7319 14mm x 14mm x 2mm replacement inserts.
- For models manufactured March 2015 and earlier, use T21348 14.17mm x 14.17mm x 2.00mm replacement inserts.
- Motor: 5 HP, 240V, single-phase, 19A
- Max Stock Width: 20"
- Max Stock Thickness: 8"
- Min Stock Thickness: 3/16"
- Min Stock Length: 8"
- Max Cutting Depth: 1/16"
- Cutterhead Type: 4-row spiral, 98 inserts
- Insert Size, Type: 14mm x 14mm x 2mm, indexable carbide
- Cutterhead Speed: 4800 RPM
- Feed Rate: 16 FPM & 20 FPM
- Table Size with Extensions: 20" x 55-1/2"
- Dust Port Size: 5"
- Overall Dimensions: 39" W x 55-5/8" L x 45-7/8" H
- Approx. Shipping Weight: 932 lbs.
- Built-in mobile base
- Precision-ground cast-iron table and extension wings
- Board return rollers
- Built-in lifting rods
- Angled dust port hood
- Rubber-coated outfeed roller
- Adjustable bed rollers
- Magnetic switch with thermal overload protection
- Four-column support with table locks
- Two-speed feed rate for precision control.