The Axminster Rider No. 60-1/2 Low Angle Block Plane is a top-of-the-line tool that is ideal for a wide range of trimming and fitting tasks. With its 13.5° angle, this low angle block plane is perfect for end grain work, but also excels at general usage. The adjustable mouth makes it easy to fine-tune your cuts, while the micro-adjustable depth of cut gives you complete control over the thickness of your shavings.
Crafted from high-strength, impact-resistant ductile iron, the Rider version of the No. 60 1/2 is built to last. The flat and accurate sole, measuring 155 mm long and 35 mm wide, is ground to a tolerance of ± 0.04 mm, giving you consistent results every time. The 3 mm thick, O1 high carbon steel blade is honed to a razor-sharp edge, ready to tackle even the toughest materials.
At 800g, this low angle block plane is lightweight and manageable, making it an ideal tool for both home and professional use. Whether you're working on the bench or on site, this plane requires only minimal preparation and provides excellent value for your investment.
In summary, the Axminster Rider No. 60-1/2 Low Angle Block Plane features:
- Blade seated at an angle of 13.5°, perfect for end grain work
- Adjustable mouth for fine or coarser work
- Micro-adjustable depth of cut for complete control
- Sole ground flat to ± 0.04 mm (0.0016")
- Honed 3 mm thick, O1 high carbon steel blade
- Lightweight and manageable design, perfect for home or professional use.